2018 Iditarod Race Nome Finish and Northern Lights Tour. The Bering Sea is a unique environment and this tour is designed to offer you as many opportunities to experience it as possible. Flying along the coastline to the White Mountain checkpoint, and across Norton Sound to the Unalakleet checkpoint, gives us wonderful views of this frozen expanse. We also travel along the frozen coastline and surrounding snow covered hills by snowcoach looking for muskox and visiting the historic Dredge #5. One of the highlights of our tour is a helicopter ride to the Safety checkpoint, an experience you won't want to miss. We will stand at the finish line when the Iditarod Champion comes up the chute and cheer the other mushers as the make their way into Nome over the days. March is a good time to view northern lights and we will hopefully see them as we wait for mushers to arrive .
You won't find a more comprehensive Iditarod Finish Tour than ours!
10 Day Nome Finish Tour Package Highlights
- Nine nights lodging in the historic Nugget Inn, across from the finish line on Front Street. Watch the teams come along the Bering Sea and down Front St. from outside your hotel.
- Scenic flight across Norton Sound to the village of Unalakleet at the mouth of the Unalakleet River.
- Scenic flight along the Iditarod Trail and Bering Sea to the picturesque village of White Mountain
- Helicopter sightseeing excursion along the Iditarod Trail from Nome to the Safety Checkpoint.
- Snowcat sightseeing excursion to Anvil Mountain for Muskox viewing and exploring the historic Dredge #5.
- Five mile dog sled ride and mushing lesson
- Informative Nome Museum and Cultural Center Tour
- Dinners in Nome's best restaurants, including a farewell dinner of Norton Sound King Crab .
- Continental breakfasts
catered by the Nome Woman's Hospital Auxiliary
- Group Luches in Unalakleet and White Mountain
- Tickets to the Iditarod Finisher's Banquet
- Standing at the historic burled arch as the winning musher crosses the finish line.
- Opportunity for Northern Lights viewing
Cost and Details
10 day tour with shared accommodations and meals as indicated : $4500 pp, single supplement: $950.
March 10-19, 2018
14 Day Nome and Bettles Lodge Northern Lights Tour
Extend your Northern Lights Experience with a 5 day tour to Bettles Lodge in the Brooks Range. Bettles Lodge is THE BEST place in Alaska for northern lights viewing as it is in the zone of highest aurora activity. This package includes the 10 Day Nome Tour plus your flights between Anchorage and Bettles, one night lodging in Fairbanks, 3 nights lodging and meals at Bettles Lodge and airport transfers in Fairbanks.
Cost and Details
14 day tour with shared accommodations in Nome and private room in Bettles and Fairbanks: $6900 pp, single supplement: $950. All meals included in Bettles.
March 10-23, 2018